JC Lighthouse Youth Services
Experienced and Compassionate Behavioral and Mental Health Services
Specialized Residential Group Home:
Our licensed Youth Group Homes provide Foster care Youth with a safe and secure structured environment and provide the following:
- 24/7 House Parent supervision of Youth.
- Scheduling, transporting and attendance by House Parent, for all medical, therapeutic and educational appointments.
- Participation in planning daily breakfast, lunch dinner.
- Prompting and assistance with household chores.
- Medication administration.
- Youth are coached to identify physical and emotional needs of their peers and how to appropriately interact.
- Youth’s individual’s needs are able to be addressed.
- JC Lighthouse works with WCDSF for placement into the Youth Group Home.
Specialized Outpatient Care:
JC Lighthouse provides the following services to assist Youth in our community:
Basic Skills Training (BST) offers Life Skills Support as per an Individualized Care Plan:
- Critical and creative thinking
- Effective communication
- Skills for developing healthy relationships
- Positive self-concepts
- How to make responsible and informed choices
- Promote healthy lifestyles
Psychosocial Rehabilitation(PSR) offers Mental Health Intervention that is individualized, person-centered, and collaborative:
- Social Skills
- Stress Management
- Social Competency
- Problem Identification and Resolution
The goal of PSR is to help our Youth engage in their communities as fully as they possibly can.
Steps to Becoming a Foster Parent
Contact our office to let us know of your interest, and we will then schedule an orientation to help answer your questions.
Phone: 775-825-7500 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Foster Care Orientation:
- Introduction of who we are
- JC Lighthouse Objectives
- Foster Parent Objectives
- Benefits of being a Foster Parent
- Meeting our team
- Once you complete the orientation and decide that you want to become a foster parent, you will be required to attend pre-certification training
Foster Parent Application Process
You will be required to complete a County Foster Parent application. The process will consist of County, FBI and State background checks, and a CPR certification. This approval process will take a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. During this period, we will schedule an in-home study to ensure you meet the foster care requirements.
Once the above application and qualification processes are complete, you will be ready to receive your Foster child and on your way to making a positive difference in a child’s life.